Service Initiative for Voluntary Action (SIVA) Trust was initiated in 1994 by a group of committed people, who were interested in improving the standard of life of the poor, downtrodden sections of society, orphans, destitutes etc. They had also worked for eradicating illiteracy, caste/communal conflicts, creating awareness among the people, especially the rural masses about the dreaded disease HIV/AIDS, polio etc. They had extended helping hands to those affected by tsunami devastation in the year 2005.
- Formation of most down trodden rural and semi urban women and youth groups.
- Awareness generation on various developmental perspectives.
- Trainings to small and marginal farmers.
- Mobilizing the community participation involvement for sustainability.
- Mobilized government land titles for 6 acres of land benefiting 12 scavenger families.
- Introduced sustainable agricultural programme and encouraged vermi culture and indigenous seeds.
- Helped the scavenger children get their legitimate right for food in the Anganwadi.
- Rushed with help for the tsunami affected coastal fishermen in 2005.
- Year Wise Activities
- TdH-NL project
- Project for Scavenger Communities
- Awareness on HIV / AIDS
- Rural Health Project